Read FRS FreeState Now Plus in another language
Contact Ederik Schneider About FRS FreeState NowFRSFreeState@Gmail.comAnytime
- #TomSnyder and #AynRand, in 1979. frsfreestatenow.blogspot.com/2014/08/nbc-to… https://t.co/4wiLmFUVNFFollow Ederik Schneider on Twitter 22 hours ago
- #TomSnyder interviewing #AynRand, in 1979. frsfreestatenow.blogspot.com/2014/08/nbc-to…Follow Ederik Schneider on Twitter 22 hours ago
- Is #The2000s really the worst decade ever? I don't think so. frsreallifejournal.blogspot.com/2014/09/reason…Follow Ederik Schneider on Twitter 23 hours ago
- The #Ravens blowing a huge opportunity. #ChicagoBears #NFL twitter.com/wbaltv11/statu…Follow Ederik Schneider on Twitter 2 days ago
- #MiltonFriedman #FreeToChoose. #FreedomOfChoice frsfreestatenow.blogspot.com/2012/11/pbs-fr… https://t.co/Qc2qD5wzG2Follow Ederik Schneider on Twitter 2 days ago
Followers of FRS FreeState Now Plus
- 11,534 hits
Top Clicks on FRS FreeState Now
Pages on FRS FreeState Now Plus
Top Posts & Pages on FRS FreeState Now Plus
Search Topics Covered by FRS FreeState Now
Recent Posts on FRS FreeState Plus
- Roll Call: David Hawkings – Whiteboard: What is a Filibuster? October 11, 2017
- Reason: John Stossel- Lilly Tang Williams: 100 Years of Communist Disaster October 4, 2017
- Reason: Opinion- Nick Gillespie & Todd Krainin: Hey Libertarians For Donald Trump, How Much More Winning Can You Take? September 27, 2017
- The Atlantic: Opinion- Olga Khazan: The Social Benefits of Swearing September 20, 2017
- Learn Liberty: The Rubin Report- Dave Rubin Interviewing Dan Carlin: We’re All Liberals and Radicals September 13, 2017
- Reason Magazine: Nick Gillespie Interviewing Frank Furedi- College Students Think Freedom is Not a Big Deal September 6, 2017
- Philosophy Insights: The Open Mind With Richard Heffner- Milton Friedman: What is Actually Wrong With Socialism? August 30, 2017
- The Atlantic: Kurt Anderson- The Cultural Factors Driving America’s Departure From Reality August 23, 2017
- Retro Report: Prop 13- Mad as Hell: Howard Jarvis’s Impact On California August 16, 2017
- The Atlantic: Derek Thompson- What Makes Things Cool? August 9, 2017
Recent Comments on FRS FreeState Now Plus
Topics Covered by FRS FreeState Now Plus
Topics Most Frequently Covered by FRS FreeState Now Plus
Older Posts on FRS FreeState Now Plus
Recent Posts: The New Democrat Plus
Source: This piece was originally posted at The New Democrat It sort of pains me to say this (ha, ha) but this is an area where I agree with right-wing talk show host and writer Dennis Prager. He separates liberalism with what he calls leftism. Leftism to him is this fringe left-wing political movement in […]
Source: This piece was originally posted at The Daily Review The blog writes a lot about political correctness and fascism, because we write a lot about comedy and write comedy ourselves and without free speech which is what political correctness and fascism tries to restrict (obviously, duh, you don’t say!) there would’t be any comedy […]
Source: This piece was originally posted at The Daily Review I believe this is an example of where Britain is very different from America. In Britain, you basically only have one government because the United Kingdom is a unitarian government with most of the governmental power in the country rests with London in England which […]
The Ripon Society: The Ripon Forum- Gregory Koger: Preserve The Filibuster- Protect People From Political Parties
Source: This piece was originally posted at The New Democrat Before I get into the Republican hypocrisy about the Senate filibuster which is as loud as Metallica heavy metal concert unclose with no earplugs and as obvious as the Grand Canyon is big, I just want to get to the constitutional arguments about the Senate […]
Source: This piece was originally posted at The Daily Review At risk of giving out my age, Beverly Hills 90210 takes me back 27 years to my first year in high school. I started high school during the late summer of 1990 in Bethesda, Maryland. Beverly Hills comes out almost two months later in late […]
Bloggers on FRS FreeState Now Plus
- Ederik Schneider
- Roll Call: David Hawkings – Whiteboard: What is a Filibuster?
- Reason: John Stossel- Lilly Tang Williams: 100 Years of Communist Disaster
- Reason: Opinion- Nick Gillespie & Todd Krainin: Hey Libertarians For Donald Trump, How Much More Winning Can You Take?
- The Atlantic: Opinion- Olga Khazan: The Social Benefits of Swearing
- Learn Liberty: The Rubin Report- Dave Rubin Interviewing Dan Carlin: We’re All Liberals and Radicals
- Reason Magazine: Nick Gillespie Interviewing Frank Furedi- College Students Think Freedom is Not a Big Deal
- Philosophy Insights: The Open Mind With Richard Heffner- Milton Friedman: What is Actually Wrong With Socialism?
- The Atlantic: Kurt Anderson- The Cultural Factors Driving America’s Departure From Reality
- Retro Report: Prop 13- Mad as Hell: Howard Jarvis’s Impact On California
- The Atlantic: Derek Thompson- What Makes Things Cool?
- Ederik Schneider
I agree that America needs a return to what I at least call real liberalism or probably what is more known as classical liberalism. And call people who are known as ‘modern liberals’ what they are. Which are leftist collectivists or democratic statists even. People who believe in democracy and tend to be democratic, but where the central or federal state is a lot bigger so it can take care of people regardless of income level for them. Where we would really have a superstate or welfare state to manage a lot of the affairs of Americans. But not just as it relates to the economy, but also what we would be allowed to eat, drink and even how we talk to each other. Where certain political speech they these statists disagree with would not be tolerated.
For the record liberalism is not MSNBC talk, The Nation, the AlterNet, Salon or the more socialist oriented think tanks like the Roosevelt Institute to use as examples. They believe in the things that I just laid out in the first paragraph. Liberals believe in freedom that all people are entitled to it until they do something like hurting innocent people where they no longer deserve their individual freedom economic or personal. Liberals don’t believe in government or business. That is not what our ideology is centered around. We believe in the individual that if the individual is educated they’ll have the tools they need to live in freedom and live a productive life managing their own affairs.
What separates Liberals or classical Liberals even (as long as you aren’t talking about Libertarians) is that Liberals aren’t anti-government. We are anti-big government. That is government that tries to do too much. Trying to do things for the people that they can do for themselves. We believe government can and should and play a role in helping people at the bottom get the tools they need to move up in society and live in freedom as well. Not take care of mentally and physically able body people indefinitely. But support them in the short-term as they are preparing themselves to be self-sufficient.
Libertarians at least today are essentially anti-government and do not have much of if any role for government at all federal or at any level. Liberals truly believe in limited government and limiting to doing what we need it to do. Which is mostly about protecting our freedom. Not running our lives for us and supporting people in the short-term who need it. As they are working their way up to self-sufficiency.